Deadline For Filing Individual Tax Returns Is April 17, 2012!

The deadline for filing your returns is approaching, but if you need more time, you can file an extension until October 15. Remember, the extension is for tax filing only, NOT for paying your taxes. If you think you’re going to owe taxes, you should make a payment no later than April 17. What if you filed your tax returns, have a balance due and are not able to pay the tax by the due date? As part of the IRS’ “Fresh Start” initiative, you can get some relief by filing a Form 1127-A, an application for extension of time to pay. I’ll be discussing this form in my next post.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s