Have You Received a Notice From CA to File a “Use Tax Return?”

The CA State Board of Equalization is sending out delinquency filing notices requesting that you file a “Use Tax” Return for tax years 2008, 2009 and 2010. If you have a business that received at least $100K in gross revenues in at least one of the past 3 years, you will probably receive this notice. If you purchased any item without paying sales tax (e.g., online or out of state purchases) during those years, you must file a Use Tax Return and pay the tax to CA. Even if you didn’t make any tax-free purchases, you are still required to file the returns (which can be done easily online).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s